- 1 pound fettuccine noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup blanched asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt & pepper
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in large skillet. Sauté shrimp until cooked through, then remove the shrimp.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan, along with the garlic. Whisk in the cream, half-and-half and nutmeg. Simmer the sauce for 5-7 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- After the sauce has thickened, whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Add in the cooked pasta, asparagus and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.