- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 4 green onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 12 ounces raw peeled and de-veined shrimp, chopped by hand
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for a shallow fry
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lime
- Micro cilantro, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Bring a medium-sized skillet up to heat over medium-high heat. Drizzle in a little EVOO and add the green onions and garlic. Sauté for 2-4 minutes until they begin to soften. Turn off the heat and add the chili flakes. Let cool slightly.
- In a small food processor, blend the onion mixture with the egg to form a paste. Add the paste to the chopped shrimp. Mix to combine. Add in the salt, pepper and flour. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- In a medium-sized skillet, pour in enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Bring up to heat over medium.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop the shrimp mixture into the pan and flatten down slightly. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- While the cakes cook, make the sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado with the juice of 1 lime.
- To plate, place some mashed avocado on a plate followed by 1-2 cakes. Drizzle with a little sauce and sprinkle with some micro greens. Serve hot.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir. Set aside.