- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 teaspoon) package dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound large 51/60 shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt. Add water and mix thoroughly, approximately 3 minutes, until dough comes together. Place dough ball in a clean, oiled bowl and cover with a towel until it doubles in size, roughly one hour.
- Make the flatbread: Roll out dough into a rectangle, 12 by 8 inches. Heat a griddle pan on high heat and brush with olive oil. Place dough on hot pan and cook on each side for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Once dough is baked and grill marks are showing, cover with one cup of cheese. Top with cooked shrimp mixture. Cover shrimp with remaining cheese and bake for 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with remaining parsley. Serve immediately. Flatbread is best eaten day of.
- In a large cast-iron pan, heat oil and butter on medium heat.
- Saute garlic until fragrant, approximately 1 to 2 minutes, and add shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp turns pink and is cooked, approximately 5 minutes. Add salt, 2 tablespoons of parsley, lemon zest and juice and set aside.