- 1 large pumpkin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ onions, minced
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and fresh
- 2 tomatoes, minced
- ½ cup tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 seedless chili peppers, hand-chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Oaxaca cheese, melted
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, for seasoning
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin, around 2 to 4-inch opening depending on the size of the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp. Set aside.
- In a mortar, grind the 2 garlic cloves with half the onion, pepper, salt, and oil.
- Rub this mixture on the inside of the pumpkin, and cover.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Next, season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- In a hot frying pan with oil, sautée the shrimp until browned. Add more salt and pepper for taste if needed. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add the remaining onion and garlic, and then add the tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Add in half cup of tomato purée. Mix together, and then add in the cilantro and chili peppers. Next, add in the heavy cream, melted cheese, shrimp, and mixed altogether. Season with pepper.
- Pour the shrimp mixture inside the pumpkin.
- Cover with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE