- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 32 whole toasted almonds
- Unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling
- Melted chocolate for decorating (optional)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place dates in a food processor and pulse until fine. Add in oats, almonds, coconut oil, chia seeds, ground flax seed, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, salt and almond extract. Pulse again in food processor until mixture comes together and forms a ball.
- Scoop into tablespoon-sized balls, stuff 1 almond in each ball and roll to seal.
- Garnish with a gorgeous drizzle of melted chocolate, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 shredded coconut. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Simply place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!