- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound dried linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and add in the onions and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the shrimp, season and cook for two minutes on each side or until pink and cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add in the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste and reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and spinach leaves, allowing the spinach to wilt in the sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with a large pinch of salt. Add the linguine and cook until al dente or to package instructions, about 12 minutes.
- Pour the shrimp over a large bowl of cooked linguine, sprinkle with parsley and serve.