- Hard candies
- For the matcha cookie dough:
- 4 ¼ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons matcha tea powder
- 1 ¼ cups cake flour
- Make the matcha cookie dough in advance by mixing together the ingredients. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush the candy into fine pieces. Cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter and arrange on a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and sprinkle the crushed candy into the opening of each. Return cookies to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled, assemble them by spreading a little icing on the back of one cookie, adding the sprinkles, and topping with a second cookie. Use icing to make frog eyes and noses.