- 2 pieces of fabric, cut about 5 inches by 20 inches
- Needle and thread for sewing
- White fabric marker
- Sewing pins
- 4 cups whole flax seeds
- 5 cups dried lavender flowers
- 1 cup dried lemon balm
- A few drops bergamot essential oil (optional)
- Stack the two pieces of fabric, then flip them over so their insides are facing out. Place a few sewing pins into the fabric to help hold it in place. Using the needle and thread, start at the long end of the fabric and stitch along the edges of the fabric, keeping 1 small end open.
- Carefully flip the fabric inside out to hide the stitch lines and any excess fabric.
- In a bowl, mix the flax seeds, lavender flowers, lemon balm and essential oils if using. Add the mixture to the inside of the pillow via the open slot. Trim away any excess fabric on the end, fold and stitch it closed using the whip stitch method.