- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound challah bread, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 granny smith apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a bowl, add eggs, sugar, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well. Whisk in milk to combine. Set aside.
- In slow cooker, add melted butter and half of sliced challah bread. Drizzle caramel sauce over bread. Layer with sliced apples. Add the rest of challah bread,
- Drizzle remaining caramel sauce and layer with remaining challah bread.
- Pour egg mixture over bread to cover. Press bread down to soak. Set slow cooker for 2 1/2 hours on high.
- When ready, spoon onto plate and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup.