Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
Easy, creamy and full of flavor, this butternut squash soup is perfect for fall.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- Coconut milk
- Add vegetable stock, garlic, shallot, carrot, apple, butternut squash, sage, onion, sea salt, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a large slow cooker and toss to combine.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on High or 7-8 hours on Low, or until the squash is completely tender. Add the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until very smooth (or transfer to a kitchen blender, in batches).
- Season to taste with additional sea salt, pepper, or cayenne, as needed.
- Top with coconut milk, pepitas and/or paprika
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE