- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, peeled and diced 1/2 inch
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced 1/4 inch
- 4 cups chicken, diced (about 4 breasts)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (chicken stock works too)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Heat slow cooker over high heat. Place butter, onions, carrots and celery in slow cooker, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Add diced chicken, chicken soup, water, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on medium for 3-4 hours.
- In a bowl, mix together Bisquick, milk, thyme and cheddar cheese to form a dough. Dollop on top of chicken mixture, increase temperature to high and cook for another 30-45 minutes until dumplings are heated through.