- 4 2/3 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 grams butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 1 1/2 cups milk, lukewarm
- 1 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 150 grams butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Add the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and yeast. Make a well in the centre and add the milk, butter and one egg. Stir to gradually incorporate until a soft dough forms. Knead for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Let rest for 10 minutes while you grease and line the slow cooker with parchment paper.
- In the meantime prepare the filling by combining all ingredients and Stir to combine.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and using a rolling pin, roll out a rectangle to roughly 21" by 14". Generously sprinkle all the filling onto the dough and evenly spread. Starting at one end, roll up the dough and then slice evenly into 10 portions. Place roll in the slow cooker swirl side up and repeat with remaining pieces. Place a piece of paper towel under the lid to collect condensation. Turn on high and let cook for 1.5 - 2 hours. Each slow cooker is different so you may need less or more time. Remove from slow cooker.
- Mix together icing ingredients and pour over cinnamon buns.