- 6 large Honeycrisp apples, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place the apples, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, maple syrup, and sea salt into the bowl of a large slow cooker and toss to coat.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on Low or 4-5 hours on High, until the apples are reduced to a thick, soupy consistency. Mash with a spoon or a potato masher until mostly smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients (vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and lemon juice) and stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes to heat through.