- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fill a large pot three-fourths of the way full with water. Bring to a boil. Add in Brussels sprouts and boil for 10 minutes until bright green and tender. Drain well.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and add the Brussels sprouts. Coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and using the back of a cup, smash each sprout down so it’s somewhat flat. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
- To make the gremolata, mix the zest, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove sprouts from the oven and immediately top with lemon juice. Top with gremolata and grated Parmesan for an added boost of flavor. Serve warm.