Soft and Chewy Mandarin Daifuku Mochi
The best way to eat a mandarin is stuffed inside mochi!
- Satsuma mandarin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Sweet white bean paste, as needed
- Mochi dough:
- 60g rice flour
- 40g potato starch
- 30g sugar
- 80ml water
- Place peeled satsuma mandarin in boiling water.
- Add baking soda and let boil over low heat for about a minute. Remove and place the satsuma mandarin in chilled water. Remove all of the pith on the satsuma mandarin.
- In a bowl, place all of the ingredients for mochi dough and mix well until smooth. Microwave at 600W for 1 minute and 20 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and mix the mochi dough using a spoon. Take a scoop and stretch it out until it’s thin.
- Place the mochi dough on saran wrap, spread white bean paste evenly and place satsuma mandarin on top. Wrap the dough around the fillings completely and form into a round shape.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE