Spaghetti Layer Cake
Because spaghetti pie was so last season, enjoy it now in cake form with layers of pasta, bolognese, mozzarella, ricotta and more.
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 (8-ounce) package mozzarella slices
- 2 cups bolognese sauce, cold
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a springform cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and slightly cooled spaghetti with beaten eggs.
- Place one-third of the spaghetti mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add slices of mozzarella cheese followed by 1 cup of the ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Use an offset spatula to spread ricotta evenly.
- Next, add 1 cup of the bolognese sauce.
- Repeat these steps one more time, ending with spaghetti on top.
- Sprinkle pasta with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Allow layered pasta cake to cool for 20 to 30 minutes before serving. This will ensure that the layers stay intact for a surprising presentation.
- Cut slices like a cake and enjoy!