- 1 can Spam, sliced
- 3 cups cooked short grain rice
- Nori sheets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Mix soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Use kitchen scissors to cut nori sheets into thirds lengthwise.
- Pan fry Spam slices, until lightly browned. Pour sauce over the slices, flip occasionally, and cook until caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Line Spam can with plastic wrap as a mold. Place some rice inside and press a Spam slice on top. Remove from mold and wrap with nori strip.
- SPAM, EGG, AND CHEESE MUSUBI: Follow standard musubi steps, but add ketchup, cooked scrambled eggs, sliced cheese, Spam, and more rice. Wrap with nori.
- KIMCHI MUSUBI: In a pan, stir fry chopped kimchi, kimchi juice, gochujang, cooked rice, sesame oil, scallions, and sesame seeds. Follow standard musubi instructions, also adding cucumber between the rice and Spam.
- FRIED MUSUBI: Make standard musubi, but divide rice per musubi to sandwich the spam. Make spicy mayo by combining sriracha and mayo. Prep dredging bowls, one each for flour, egg, and panko breadcrumbs. Dip musubi in flour, then egg, and then panko. Fry on all sides until golden. Drain excess oil, slice in half, and top with spicy mayo and scallions.