- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound baby spinach, washed well
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 10 phyllo sheets, thawed (keep covered with a damp tea towel while you work)
- Honey, for drizzling
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Toss in spinach and cook while stirring until softened and wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove spinach to a bowl and cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 stick of butter in a saucepan and remove from heat. Place in a small glass bowl.
- Place spinach in a clean tea towel and squeeze all excess liquid out. Finely chop the spinach and place in a large mixing bowl. Stir in feta cheese, pine nuts, and some freshly grated nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place one phyllo sheet on a clean work surface with the longer side facing you. Brush completely with butter. Stack another sheet on top and brush again with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a kitchen towel.)
- Cut the buttered phyllo sheets into 6 strips.
- Place a teaspoon of filling on a corner of the strip nearest you, then fold over the phyllo to enclose the filling and make a triangle. Continue folding it up to make a little package. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with remaining filling and phyllo sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Drizzle with honey and enjoy!