- 2 sheets puff pastry ( 6 x 8 in.)
- 1/2 sheet puff pastry for decoration (optional)
- 1 can tuna in oil (2.5 ounces)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boiled eggs, sliced
- 8 black olives (cut in half)
- 1 egg yolk (mixed with 1 teaspoon water)
- Chop red bell pepper, onion and boiled eggs.
- Pour the oil from the tuna into the frying pan along with the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the onions and red bell pepper and continue to cook over low heat. Then add in the tuna, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Roll out puff pastry. Pour tuna mixture onto one sheet of pastry. Top with boiled eggs and olives. Brush on egg wash around the perimeter of the pastry. Lay the other sheet of pastry on top to cover.
- Use a fork to crimp the edges and secure the pie. Decorate the top with additional puff pastry if desired. Brush the top with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F°.