- 630g (3 ¼ cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 390g (1 ¾ cups) granulated sugar
- 4.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 190g (¾ cups) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 562ml (2 ¼ cups) full-cream (whole) milk
- 190ml (¾ cup) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt (or sour cream)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
White Chocolate Ganache
- 500g white chocolate
- 250ml thickened/cream
- 2 drops mint food gel
- 2 drops pink food gel
- ½ tsp Edible pink glitter
- ½ tsp Edible green glitter
- ½ cup metallic silver and gold sprinkles
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140C (280F) or 160C (320F) for a conventional oven. Spray a donut tin tray with oil spray. Set aside
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix together using a hand mixer until well combined.
- Next add the softened butter and mix on low speed until mixture reaches a crumbly sand like texture.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix on low speed until no dry ingredients are showing.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds. It’s at this point that you can add any additional flavourings or coloured gels to the batter.
- Add batter to a large piping bag and pipe batter into each donut cavity, filling them up halfway.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat the process until you’ve used all the batter.
White Chocolate Ganache
- Add chocolate and cream into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to set. Alternatively, you may melt it using a double boiler.
- Fill a medium sized pot with 1/3 of the way with water. Bring to a boil.
- Place bowl with chocolate and cream over the top and gently mix until mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Split the mixture into three small mixing bowls.
- Colour one with mint coloured food gel and the second one with pink food gel. Leave the third one white.
- Dip the top of the cooled donuts into the ganache and allow excess to drip off.
- Place on a drying rack and allow the remaining excess to drip off.
- Sprinkle the pink iced donuts with pink glitter, mint iced donuts with green glitter and the white iced donuts with the metallic sprinkles.
- To construct this donut tower you’ll need an acetate cone measuring about 35cm tall.
- Apple ganache on the back of each donut and place on top the cone. Begin at the bottom and stack the donuts all the way around to the top.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.