Spatchcock Chicken Roast
This traditional spatchcock features a zesty honey buttered chicken roasted over a layer of potatoes, onions, carrots, and garlic.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- 10 1/2 ounces baby potatoes, peeled
- 10 1/2 ounces baby onions, peeled
- 10 1/2 ounces baby carrots, peeled
- 1 garlic bulb, cut in half
- Black pepper
- Cut the chicken lengthwise and spatchcock it.
- Place in a large bowl, and top with rosemary, salt, chopped pepper, olive oil and wine.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, honey, orange zest and thyme. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish, add the baby potatoes, baby onions, baby carrots and garlic halves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on top of the veggies, rub with the butter mixture, and drizzle with two ladles of the chicken marinade. Cover with tin foil.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 2 hours. For the last 30 minutes, remove the tin foil so that the chicken gets golden.
- Cut chicken into pieces and serve with roasted veggies and reserved marinade drizzled over the top.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE