- Speculoos Cookie Butter ice cream
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup potato starch or cornstarch
- Prepare mochi: Using a tablespoon, scoop ice cream balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or scoop into a mini muffin tin lined with cupcakes liners. Freeze for one hour or overnight.
- Combine rice flour, sugar, and water in a small heat proof bowl. Add about an inch of water to a large nonstick skillet or stock pot with lid, place steamer basket on top of water. Place the small bowl containing the rice flour mixture into the steamer basket and place lid on top. Steam the mixture for about 15 minutes until the rice flour begins to thicken.
- Transfer cooked mochi to a rimmed baking sheet coated with potato starch. Sprinkle dough with more starch and press into an 1/8-inch thick circle using your hands. Cut dough into rounds using a 3-inch biscuit cutter.
- Use a pastry brush to remove any excess starch. Wrap each ice cream ball with the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 20 minutes or overnight before enjoying.