Spicy Crab Dip Wontons
Brighten up your holidays with crispy, creamy, crab-filled wontons topped with a colorful slaw made with cabbage, peppers, black sesame seeds and more! Sponsored by Kikkoman.
Crab Dip Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 2 bird’s eye chili, deseeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
Crab Dip Filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, shallot, chili, Kikkoman® Soy Sauce, lime, lemon, white pepper and mustard. Fold in crab meat until broken up and fully incorporated but still retaining some chunky bits of crab.
- Prepare a mini-muffin tin by lightly spraying with cooking spray. Place a wonton wrapper in each hole and gently press down, creating a cup with loose overhang. Spray the edges with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of dip into each wonton and bake for 15 minutes, until the wontons are a deep golden brown. Leave to cool in the pan while you toss your slaw together.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine slaw ingredients and toss to combine. Garnish each wonton with a pinch of slaw.