- 1 cup sushi rice or short grain rice
- 1 ½ cup water
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- frying oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb sushi-grade red tuna
- ¼ cup mayo
- 4 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- sliced jalapeno peppers to taste
- Wash rice in cold water until it runs clear.
- Add rice and water to pot, cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat
- Boil for 5 minutes, then lower the heat and cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let the rice stand for an additional 5 minutes with the lid still on.
- When rice is done, gently fluff the rice and season with rice vinegar, sugar, and kosher salt.
- Let it rest at room temperature
- Once cooled, take about 1-2 tablespoons of rice and shape into the nigiri shape with wet hands
- Arrange and deep fry the nigiri rice balls
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Place on a lined paper towel plate to drain
- Dice tuna into small bite-size pieces.
- Place in a bowl and mix in the other ingredients, taste, and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Place on top of the fried nigiri rice and finish with sliced green onion and more jalapeno peppers
- Finish wit the sauce of your preference