Spinach & Artichoke Grilled Cheese
The tastiest way to eat your greens is by stuffing them into a buttery, cheesy sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Olive oil, for sautéing and brushing
- 1/2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/3 can of artichoke hearts (about 4 hearts), roughly chopped
- White crusty loaf of bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- Salt, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded and grated cheeses.
- In a sauté pan, heat some olive oil and add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and cook to wilt, then toss in the artichokes to warm through.
- Transfer directly to the bowl with the cheeses and stir to combine. Salt to taste.
- Lay out 2 slices of bread and drizzle with olive oil. Flip bread over and spread 1 slice with half of the artichoke mixture.
- Top with other bread slice and place in waffle iron. Repeat with remaining bread and artichoke mixture.
- For more garlic essence, rub the other half of your garlic clove on the outside of the crusty sandwich bread once the bread is toasted. Enjoy!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE