- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 scant teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 scant teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 1 (15 ounces) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, for garnish
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Coat a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray, and line it with parchment paper with an overhang of a few inches on both sides. Lightly spray the parchment paper.
- Place the flour in a small bowl and slowly pour the milk over the flour. Whisk until smooth. Add the cream and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, mustard, soy sauce and pepper. Add the cream mixture and whisk well by hand for about 3 minutes, until it is fully aerated and has some big bubbles. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and distribute the spinach, artichoke hearts, and 1/2 cup of the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until the edges are set and the center is beginning to set. Remove from the oven, sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top, and bake for 4 to 6 minutes, until the cheese is just melted. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Lift the long end of the parchment paper and tightly roll the omelet to create a long cylinder. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the chives. Slice and serve!