- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup spinach, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 manicotti, cooked
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- Marinara sauce, to serve
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, chili flakes, salt and garlic. Stir until fully combined. Stuff manicotti with spinach mixture. Roll manicotti in egg then in breadcrumbs. Dip in egg and breadcrumbs again, then add to hot oil and fry until light brown and crispy.