- 0.35 ounces dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1.7 ounces sugar
- 17.6 ounces flour
- 3 1/3 tablespoon soybean oil
- 1 minced onion
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 14 ounces minced spinach leaves
- 3 1/3 ounces ricotta
- In a bowl, mix the dry yeast, the water and the sugar. Let it grow for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, add flour, salt around the flour and make a hole in the middle.
- Add soybean oil and the yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough on a smooth surface until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough like a ball and leave it to rest inside the bowl at room temperature.
- Cover the bowl with a napkin and wait for 30 minutes or until the volume doubles in size.
- For the filling, add a stream of olive oil in a skillet and cook the garlic and onion.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Season with salt.
- As soon as the filling cools down, add the ricotta and mix.
- Shape the dough into small spheres, each one about 2.8 ounces.
- Flatten the spheres into discs with the help of a rolling pin.
- Place the filling in the center of the discs and adjust so that the dough and the filling resemble a triangle.
- Bring the triangle points together and press them firmly.
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees and cook for 20 minutes.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE