- 200 grams / 1 cup super-fine sugar
- Prepare a baking sheet with a silicon mat or wax paper.
- Melt the sugar in a pan, stirring until it has completely melted into caramel.
- Allow to cool slightly, then begin to pull your sugar decorations.
- With the back of a ladle coated in a bit of vegetable oil, drizzle the caramel over the baking sheet, creating any shape you like. Trim any excess pieces and allow to cool before carefully removing.
- For a sugar disc, drizzle the caramel in a circular motion over the baking sheet, and allow to cool completely.
- For the spiral, make sure the caramel is slightly cooler and holding its shape. Twirl the sugar around a steel knife-sharpening blade to create tight spiral effect.