- 350 grams taro
- Aburaage deep-fried tofu
- 60 grams squid shiokara (preserved squid guts)
- 50 grams shredded cheese
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 20 grams butter
- Soy sauce
- 1/2 stalk green onion, chopped
- Chop up the squid shiokara if the pieces are large.
- Wash the taro and cut off the ends. Microwave for 5-7 minutes at 600 watts until soft.
- Peel off the skin while warm. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- In a large bowl, combine peeled taro, squid shiokara, shredded cheese, chopped onions and pepper. Mash the potatoes along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut deep-fried tofu in two and cut open to create a pouch. Fill each pouch with taro mixture.
- In a heated frying pan, place tofu pouches on and cook both sides until crispy.
- Transfer to a plate and place butter on top while warm. Pour over just a little soy sauce and sprinkle with green onions.