- For the pasta:
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour, plus more if needed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons squid ink
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can whole, peeled tomatoes, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 fresh red chili, sliced
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the eggs, flour, oil, salt and squid ink with a wooden spoon. Using the dough hook, knead dough for several minutes. Remove dough from bowl and form into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes, pepper flakes and salt, and simmer for several minutes.
- After dough has rested, roll through a pasta machine, and cut into pasta size of your liking. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve pasta with sauce, topped with parsley and chili slices.