- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/3 cup Gruyere, shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- Creme fraiche, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the garlic. Sauté about 1 minute until fragrant, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then stir in milk, Gruyere, onions and garlic, bacon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the eggs and cook for about 5 minutes, tilting the pan occasionally, until the sides are set. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 8 minutes more, or until eggs are almost set.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the skillet under the broiler for about 2 minutes, until the eggs are set and slightly puffed. Let frittata sit for 5 minutes, garnish with creme fraiche, basil and parsley and serve.