This is not your father's surf and turf.
Steak Shrimp Roll Ups
- 1 pound skirt steak, cut into 6 even pieces
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 12 shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season skirt steaks with salt and pepper and wrap two pieces of shrimp inside. Attach with toothpicks to secure.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet on medium-high, and cook rolls until steak is tender and seared, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer steak to a baking sheet and cook in oven for 3 to 4 minutes to ensure they are cooked through.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté garlic until golden. Deglaze with white wine. Add cream, salt, pepper and paprika. Stir in parsley. Cook until thickened and remove from heat. Remove steaks from oven and serve with cream sauce.