Pan Roasted Matcha Chicken with Lemon and Greens
This summer it's all about flavorful chicken. Fuel your day by marinating your chicken with Stella Star Ingredient, matcha, as well as lemon and butter to create a zesty summer combination!
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon culinary grade matcha powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 6 to 7)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches kale, ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cooked basmati rice, for serving
- Combine the butter, matcha and lemon zest in a small bowl. Carefully loosen the chicken skin, and spread the matcha butter mixture in between the skin and flesh.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add chicken, skin-side down. Cook 8 to 10 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until pieces are cooked through, another 6 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate. Add lemon, onions and garlic to the pan and cook while stirring for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add kale by the handful and toss together until cooked down.
- Add broth and toss some more. Return the chicken to plate and place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and kale mixture on top of basmati rice.