- 8 figs
- 1/4 pound Shropshire cheese, or other stinky cheese of your choice (such as Stilton or Danish blue)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch white pepper
- Microgreens, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To open figs, make two cuts perpendicular to each other through the stem, going into the base of the fig without cutting all the way through. Push base together gently to open.
- Brush figs with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet, evenly spaced.
- Crumble cheese and stuff figs. Each fig should hold about a teaspoon of cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve warm. Garnish with microgreens.