- 3 ears of corn, shucked, cleaned and parboiled
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 avocado, pitted and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- Bring a large stock pot half filled with water to a boil. Add corn and parboil for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat a grill pan on high heat. Drizzle corn with olive oil. When hot, add corn. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating corn occasionally to cook all sides. Remove from grill pan and let cool.
- To grill pan, add cherry tomatoes, and char all sides, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from grill pan and let cool.
- Cut red onion in quarters through the root end, leaving it intact. Grill for 3 to 4 minute on all sides. Remove from grill pan and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Cut corn off cob and add to a large bowl. Add red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado, basil, salt, pepper, lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Gently toss. Taste for seasonings. Serve.