- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cooked sausage
- Black olives
- Red onion, to taste
- In a bowl, stir flour, yeast, and salt together. Gradually incorporate water and olive oil, until rough clumps form into a loose dough ball. Transfer mixture to a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough becomes smooth, about 6-8 minutes.
- Lightly grease a bowl, roll the dough to coat in the oil, and cover with a clean towel. Allow to rise and double in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Lightly flour your surface and turn out the dough. Use your hands to gently stretch the dough into a thin round to fit your skillet.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and carefully place the dough. Cook untouched for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Flip over and reduce heat to low. Spread your sauce, arrange your toppings, and keep covered just until the cheese melts.
- Continue cooking for a few more minutes, until the crust is crispy and browned. Slice and serve!