- 2 boxes strawberry cake mix
- 4 cups vanilla frosting
- 6 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 cups fondant
- 4 drops pink food coloring
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry frosting
- 1 (10.4-ounce) box mini Eggo waffles, thawed
- Make the cake: Bake the cakes in three, 9-inch cake pans according to box instructions. Cool and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add vanilla frosting and drops of yellow food coloring. Mix until desired color is reached. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix fondant with pink food coloring until thoroughly combined. Dust a surface with powdered sugar, and roll fondant out to 10 by 10 inches. Using a 9-inch pan, trace to cut a circle out. Discard the scraps. Using a small floral embosser, make prints on fondant to resemble wallpaper. Place melted chocolate into a small pastry bag and write the alphabet across the fondant. Place fondant circle in fridge to set up.
- Assemble the cake: Trim the tops of each cake to make an even surface. Place one strawberry cake layer on a cake stand and top with strawberry frosting. Repeat until all cake layers are used. Coat cake with one layer of yellow vanilla frosting and set in fridge until firm. Remove the cake from the fridge and cover with another thick layer of yellow frosting.
- Top cake with fondant circle. Cover the sides of the cake with Eggo waffles. Place 3 dowels on either side of the cake and string mini dollhouse string lights across the top of the cake.
- Cake will keep up to 5 days covered.