- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp seedless strawberry jam, warmed
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Add coconut milk and sugar to a small saucepan. Heat on low and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Divide mixture into bowls. In one bowl, whisk strawberry jam until well combined and allow to cool. Optional: Add one drop of red food coloring.
- Divide the flour mixtures into two separate bowls. In each bowl, gradually add coconut mixture while mixing with your hand to break up any flour clumps.
- Prepare a steamer pot. Wrap the lid with a clean kitchen towel and secure with a rubber band on the handle. Oil a 4x4 baking tray or silicone mold into a steamer pot and heat for 5 minutes.
- Evenly pour ⅓ cup of the pink batter across the bottom of the tray. Cover with the lid and steam for 5 minutes, or until the layer is set. Evenly pour ⅓ cup of the white batter on top, cover, and steam for 10 minutes. Repeat the process, alternating the batters and steaming each layer for 10 minutes. After the last layer is poured, allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the pot and allow to cool completely. Flip the cake onto a board and cut into squares.