- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Chop the strawberries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, beat egg with a fork. Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mixture.
- Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture. Work with the dough until the pieces are very small. Dough will be crumbly.
- Pat half of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the crust.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the strawberry layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE