- 10 strawberries + 4 for serving
- 2 blocks mochi
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- Potato starch
- Anko (sweetened adzuki bean paste)
- 1/8 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3 tablespoons powdered skim milk
- Place 10 strawberries into a medium bowl and use a fork to mash. Add mochi, sugar and water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes at 500 watts. Give it a quick mix and microwave again for 2 minutes at 500 watts. Mix until it comes together to make mochi.
- In a separate bowl, add cream cheese, strawberry jam and powdered milk to make the strawberry milk cream. Stir to combine.
- Fill a tray with potato starch. Pour out mochi onto the tray. Use hands to cover mochi with the potato starch, then smooth out to flatten.
- Divide mochi into four sections. Top each piece of mochi with about 1 tablespoon each of anko and strawberry milk cream mixture. Wrap into a ball and transfer to a plate seam side down. Repeat with remaining mochi.
- With kitchen shears, make a slit on top. Place one fresh strawberry in each slit before serving.