- 5 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 beets, peeled and cooked
- Olive oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add 2 cups of flour and 2 eggs and mix until a dough forms. Knead on a floured surface. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, add beets and 3 eggs and blend until smooth. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the remaining two cups of flour and pour in beet mixture. Mix until a dough forms. Transfer to a floured surface and knead until a smooth dough forms. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll beet pasta dough out into a thin sheet and cut into strips. Brush plain pasta with water, and lay the beet strips on the sheet, lightly pressing down so they stick. Roll out or send through pasta machine once more.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the ricotta mixture onto one edge of the pasta, leaving a 1/2 inch space in between each scoop. Fold pasta over, lightly pressing on the space in between each scoop of filling. Using a ravioli cutter, cut pasta into squares, sealing it shut. Place on a floured, parchment-lined sheet pan. Freeze until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli, and cook for about 3 minutes or until they begin to float. To serve, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with basil.
- In a food processor, add spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and combined. Refrigerate until needed.