- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Combine the flour, sugar, flax seeds, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the margarine, water and vanilla, then add to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough is formed.
- Heat a pizelle or waffle cone maker and grease each side with cooking spray.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and place in the center of the waffle cone maker.
- Close the lid, latching it closed, if possible - this will keep them as flat as possible.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until golden brown. Gently remove them from the waffle cone maker and transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.