- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 slices cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 split hamburger buns
- To serve:
- Green leaf lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Combine jalapeño, cream cheese, bacon and shredded cheddar in a medium bowl.
- Place ground beef into a large bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Divide into 8 pieces and flatten into thin patties. Add a dollop of the bacon cheese mixture to the center of 4 of the patties, then cover each with another patty and flatten. Pinch the edges to seal the patties closed.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill burgers on each side for 4-5 minutes for medium doneness. Immediately top with a cheese slice. Place burger between two buns and top with lettuce, tomato and onion.