- 6 shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 hanpen fishcake
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- Panko bread crumbs
- Oil for cooking
- Shredded cabbage
- Tomato slices
- Lemon wedge
- Make small slits along the bottom side of the shrimp to prevent curling.
- In a bowl, combine onion and hanpen and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture into six even portions and place each portion on plastic wrap.
- Place one shrimp on top of mixture and wrap it up so that only the tail of the shrimp is visible.
- Take off the plastic wrap and coat each piece with flour, egg wash and finally the panko.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with tonkatsu sauce.