Sauce so good, your plate will look like it was never used.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups spinach, cooked
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat. Remove stem from center of mushrooms. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grill mushrooms about 3 to 4 minutes until they begin to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Add onions and bell pepper. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add stock, sun-dried tomatoes, cream and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and remove from heat. Add mushrooms top side down to the pan.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese, fill with spinach and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is golden. Garnish with chili flakes before serving.