- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 7 ounces Calabrese sausage, sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix together the yeast, olive oil, water, milk and the pinch of sugar.
- Add the wheat and corn flours, as well as the pinch of salt, and mix until it turns into a dough. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Set aside 1/3 of the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out the remaining dough and place it in a pan with a removable base, covering the bottom and sides.
- Completely cover the dough at the bottom of the pan with the cheese, and cover the cheese with the Calabrese sausage. Cover with a disk made from the dough that had been set aside, trimming the excess. Using a knife, poke holes in the covering.
- Spread the sauce and Parmesan cheese over the top, pinch up the edges and bake at 350°F for approximately 40 minutes.