Laz brings some flava to our day with roasted plantains stuffed with ground Italian sausage and topped with queso fresco and cilantro. Yum!
- 2 whole ripe yellow plantains, (slightly dark-brown-spotted skin, preferably)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 1/4 cup Chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup queso blanco
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Tabasco sauce or green chili hot sauce
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Peel plantains and place on a baking sheet and brush with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Roast the plantain until it starts to brown, about 45 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and cook the sausage until it browns evenly, about 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and cool enough to touch. Using the tip of the knife, make a horizontal slit down the middle of the plantain.
- Using a spoon or fork, stuff the plantains with equal parts cooked sausage. Top with chipotle sauce, queso blanco and cilantro.
- Place back into the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately with or without hot sauce. Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE