- 1 rump roast
- 1 1/3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 1/2 ounces sliced smoked sausage
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees.
- Cut a slit in the roast, forming a pocket for the filling.
- Fill it with the cheese, sausage, onion and red bell pepper.
- Close the roast with a needle and twine.
- Place in a baking dish, and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Bake roast for 30 minutes on one side, then turn and roast for another 40 minutes on the other side.
- Slice and serve.