- 2 cups malagkit/glutinous rice, washed and drained once
- 1-1/2 cups coconut cream
- 2 stalks pandan leaves, tied into a knot
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- banana leaves, both sides passed through open flame
Coconut Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp margarine
- In a saucepan, combine rice, coconut cream, pandan leaves, sugar, and salt. Mix and put over high heat covered. When it boils, bring the heat to low and cook for 12-15 minutes every 3 minutes until moisture has been absorbed by rice completely. Cool down and discard pandan leaves.
- At the bottom-middle part of a banana leaf add 1/3 cup of sticky rice and roll tightly into a cigar folding both ends to seal. Steam for 30 minutes.
- To make the sauce, melt and caramelize the sugar in a pan. Add coconut cream while stirring. Add margarine and mix until incorporated. Serve on the side with the suman.